TaleSpire Dev Log 305

Morning all,

Since last time I’ve worked on the polymorph feature, which is going quite nicely.

We still need UX, better transitions, etc. But the direction feels good.

Photon suffered what seems to be another attack. As the attacks affect specific regions, we pushed a patch to TaleSpire to redirect users to different regions. It is currently just a simple lookup table, but it was the fastest way to progress. The next step on that issue is making server changes to allow region remapping per campaign session.

A couple of weeks back, I did some performance work to improve the handling of large boards. I pushed a build of this to Steam for some internal testing. An issue was quickly found in hide-volumes, so I’ve fixed that and pushed another build so we can continue the testing. After that, we’ll merge that branch and ship it to you folks.

I also found a bug that hide-volumes don’t save when placed in a zone with no tiles or props. This should be an easy fix.

Continuing the subject of bug fixing, I am spending this next week fixing reported bugs. I have no strict criteria for which I’ll be tackling. If I can replicate the problem, I’ll try fixing it :)

That’s all for now. I hope you have a good day.

Published: December 03 2021

  • category:
blog comments powered by Disqus