I was looking into the uSNChanged value in ldap and saw that (at least in AD) it is not replicated. This meant I would have to query each server individually…then I realised I didnt know how!…turns out I’ve been connecting just by domain, so a quick google later and I found this:
I needed to do this a little while back while making a pythonic circular list. There used to be a command called getslice but this was deprecated a good while ago and replaced with something (in my opinion) more elegent: slice objects.
Read all about it here! (this doco is a little old, but communicates the principles well)
Hey all! This is my first live test of my python library. In the next post I will show the code used to post this post. Wooo!
I’ve been using pyshell as my interactive python shell of choice for quite a while now and being quite happy with it apparently blinkered me as I missed the fantastic bpython . It’s CLI based and provides in-line syntax highlighting and autocompletion, if the others arent quite doing it for you give it a try….hell, give it a try anyway!
This is one of those ideas I expected to go away after a while but its still here especially after skim reading the session IRC log from the last post:
I find watching a IRC + slide session is much better than reading the logs later. Even though its both just text and visuals it feels more ‘alive’ the first time round.
I think I may make a sort of replay tool which lets you watch the session and changes the slides at the correct times. I’m not sure if I will integrate this into something like Lernid or make a tiny dedicated app…hmm!
Yet another thing for the todo list!
One of the shortcomings of gnome blog poster is that it insists on treating every return key press and a paragraph…This is a pain in the backside if you are trying to post code (as you no doubt have noticed in the posts below these).
I’ve had a wee go at tweaking this and this post is the test.
For those who want to use gnome blog poster sans paragraphs the fix is to modify /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/gnomeblog/rich_entry.py
Replacing line 23 self.set_pixels_below_lines(16) with self.set_pixels_below_lines(0) ..and.. Replacing line 26 & 27 html_converter.para_tag.opening_tag = "< p>" html_converter.para_tag.closing_tag = "< /p>" with html_converter.para_tag.opening_tag = "< br>" html_converter.para_tag.closing_tag = ""< br>
I’ll probably post a patch some time as there is a bug reported in bugzilla about this. </pre>
Look like we have a good number of people who need Auto forwarding removed from their account: This is easily done through AD Users and Computers on Windows (though in that link where it says ‘Mail Delivery’ it should be ‘Delivery Options’ ) However it looks like this will be very easy through LDAP also as their is an attribute called ‘altrecipient’ which returns the distinguished name of the contact in AD. I’ll ensure I wrap this in my library, might be a job for idle time tonight!
Anyhoo back to business!