The new job is going well but has kept me busy. It’s one of those projects which grew lurchingly out of a experiment into a system whos goals keep being changed as moe information is found out.
A bit of a pain but still I’ve learnt alot. I’ll certainly be posting a good few things about making daemons in python as while there is some very good code online there are a couple of tweaks to that really help when working with multiple repositries on the same server.
I’ve also taken the time to pull down my code for pressly the python library and am reviewing what I have done so far so I can see how I am going to handle the next bit. I would like to get comments working properly and the wordpress API seems to be quite good with comments, so I will be able to employ some slightly different techniques that I have had to use so far.
Well, times’a wasting!
I’m currently wrapping up a SCCM rollout where I work and once this documentation is done I’ll be glad to hand it over.
Honestly I don’t know why Microsoft ever make exams. They should just set the student down with a undermaintained network and a sccm install dvd and wait.
If the student lives they pass.
I feel proud yet slightly dirty to be finishing this successfully and am ready to dive headlong into studying Solaris to purge this all from my mind!
Anyhoo hope your all well, chat to you soon!
It has been some time!
Been off on holiday in bulgaria, have got the reprap started (and well on the way to finishing), been to my first Reprap user group meetup which was fantastic, been building a small stove…and obviously craploads of stuff at work too!
SO aye, sorry for the quiet spot, I’m back and blogging.
…Note to self, when writing cron jobs to run as the zenoss user make sure you set the $ZENHOME environment variable in cron or in your script.
I’ve been a total noob chasing this around for days
Just had a very weird issue here that turned out to have a very logical solution.
I set up a shared folder between my virtual guest and the host machine. I set it to auto mount and threw a couple of files into the folder.
I booted up the virtual windows instance and browsed to the shared folder and tried to copy the files out of the shared folder…it worked but the files promptly vanished and were replaced by one file with 0 byte size.
Bugger…I tried again; this time browsing to a samba network share and pasting the files….again within seconds they were replaced with a 0 byte file.
The problem was that the filename given by the linux screenshot program was not legal on windows. So I changed the file names and suddenly it all worked fine.
So the lesson is, check them names!
Hope this helps someone
[EDIT] If you need to run something every ‘x’ seconds, have a peek at this page. I must admit I don’t like the executing of a external script but its easily merged with the previous example to make something nice.
Somehow this managed to pass me by but vSphere has a webservices interface. I really want to look at writing a python wrapper for this sometime in the future! If you are venturing down this path have a peek at these webinars: http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-10751
Hope it helps
Needed something to do this from Linux quickly.
|net rpc service list -W domain.work.org -S servername -U domain\username||grep “SQL Server (“|
Hope it helps
I’m slapping this here as its may save a couple of minutes of googling in the future.
sudo apt-get install libmotif-dev
Add net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0 to your /etc/sysctl.conf file to fix a strange popup error
Run free in the bountiful citrix’y hills!